Home > Driver Sata > Driver Sata Abit Vt7

Driver Sata Abit Vt7

Also, might try looking on the WD utility disk that comes with your hard drive (or you can download that disk from the WD website. should i attempt to update manaully? so good luck. Once the jumper was in, the Data Lifeguard Tools s/w from WD recognized the drive and installed it with no hitches. navigate here

Help - Multiple Hardware Failure I... What I would suggest to you (if you want to load an OS on one of the Sata drives, is that you simply unhook the IDE drives until you get the and try that out. 0 #4 DaffyKantReed Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:51 AM DaffyKantReed Member Member 485 posts now i attempt to plugin in my 500gb wd sata hdd. The ones I most often choose are Maxtor and Western Digital for my own personal usage.

I had tried the Seagate methods that came with my new 500 gb sata HDD, boot from the Windows XP disc, hit F-6 when prompted, etc. , didn't work at all. I'm trying to locate the current device driver from VIA to support the SATA interface on the ABIT VT7 (VT8237). Not > uncharacteristically hot, just warm like a hard drive. > > Any suggestions on next steps? > > Thanks. (server glitch, resent...) Well, assume for the moment, that the BIOS thats what i have figured out.

Looks like the person in "[SOLVED]ABIT VT7 doesn't find WD2500ks hd" had problems with Western Digital and the VIA controller chip. The time now is 10:07 AM. -- Mobile_Default -- TSF - v2.0 -- TSF - v1.0 Contact Us - Tech Support Forum - Site Map - Community Rules - Terms of Well, assume for the moment, that the BIOS won't boot from it. Is the chipset PT880/VT8237 ?

Yes, my password is: Forgot your password? Not uncharacteristically hot, just warm like a hard drive. Apache/2.2.19 (Win64) PHP/5.4.5 Server at abit.ws Port 80 Tech Support Forum Security Center Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help General Computer Security Computer Security News Microsoft Support BSOD, Crashes And Hangs Windows 10 Support Windows http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/solved-install-sata-drive-on-abit-vt7-206247.html Download: Abit Vt7 Sata at 09:14 Labels: abit No comments: Post a Comment Newer Post Older Post Home Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) Blog Archive ► 2013 (2020) ► December (191)

One account. let me know. The page has many advertising links - don't click any "driver scan" links. then gets to saying that no hard drive is connectd..

I see a couple possibilities. click It is similar to the VIA 4-in-1, but for later chipsets. Next time I booted, the new Seagate sata drive showed up in my explorer tree. The WD runs much faster than the VIA Chipset on the Abit VT7 can handle.

MOTHERBOARD SHOWS ERROR A2 no signal No Sound On Laptop What did you last watch? » Site Navigation » Forum> User CP> FAQ> Support.Me> Steam Error 118> 10.0.0.2> Trusteer Endpoint Protection check over here Anybody know where I can get these. I see a couple possibilities. Ask a Question Similar Threads VT7 PT880 [email protected], Feb 20, 2004, in forum: Abit Replies: 0 Views: 686 [email protected] Feb 20, 2004 Prescott and VT7 PT880 [email protected], Feb 20, 2004, in

abit vt7 mbb, sata problem Started by whitwell , Mar 10 2010 02:13 AM Please log in to reply #1 whitwell Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:13 AM whitwell New Member Thanks JB Remove Advertisements Sponsored Links TechSupportForum.com Advertisement 12-27-2007, 03:53 PM #2 Tumbleweed36 TSF Team, Emeritus Join Date: May 2005 Location: USA Posts: 25,111 OS: XP Professional its all setup with windows xp sp3,on a seagate 200gb ide hdd, running fine. his comment is here I think that is what I'm using currently, to make a single drive work on my VT8238S.

I decided to utilize the sata ports with a new sata HDD (Seagate 500 gb) after my 40 gb ide stoped working recently (was in a 3rd mobile dock I use i choose the driver. I could then even change the bios (hit del on startup) and after I changed the boot sequence in the bios, I could boot directly from the new Seagate sata drive.

im going to by a ide to sata transfer.

no OS)? Advertisements Latest Threads AMD 188 understanding with EEPROM Yachna posted Jun 16, 2017 Has anyone connected several ACS712 Current Sensors with a Wemos D1? I really don't think it makes a big difference as long as you use brand name drives like Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital, Hitachi,etc. Thanks 01-27-2008, 04:37 AM #10 Tumbleweed36 TSF Team, Emeritus Join Date: May 2005 Location: USA Posts: 25,111 OS: XP Professional Happy you got it solved.

Don't be a stranger on here now, stick around and enjoy the forum. « USB 2.0 Problems, it's a mystery... | Laptop, can't shutdown/restart » Thread Tools Show Printable Version Make sure that the operating system you use is in the list of the supported OS in the description below. The system is running Thread Tools Search this Thread 12-27-2007, 08:16 AM #1 uplink Registered Member Join Date: Dec 2007 Location: Gainesville, Georgia Posts: 9 OS: XP Pro weblink i have the sata drivers on a flopy, i press f6 it does the loading.

Apache/2.2.19 (Win64) PHP/5.4.5 Server at abit.ws Port 80 Not Found The requested URL /page/en/motherboard/[email protected]_NAME=VT7&fMTYPE=Socket 478&pPRODINFO=Specifications&fSEARCHTEXT=VT7 was not found on this server. If you look in Device Manager, can you see something for the SATA ? when it does work, its a dream, fast system all together. abit vt7.

set your boot order to cd-rom,floppy then harddrive.restart your system check when the tab window shows up, if your sata labled in there your good to go.and make sure you have Jump to content FacebookTwitter Geeks to Go Forum Hardware System Building and Upgrading Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where I would like to purchase and install two 1TB SATA drives (one for data, one for backup). I opened it and Maxblast found the new Seagate 500 gb drive, so I cloned over the new Seagate from my 100 gb Maxtor ide HDD.

help me out!!!! All of Google. David Bahde Guest I have a functioning Windows XP Pro system on a VT7 motherboard. It is similar to the VIA 4-in-1, but for later chipsets.

Basicly the abit vt7 bord will only run eather ide harddrives or sata drives. Edited by whitwell, 10 March 2010 - 02:14 AM. 0 Advertisements #2 DaffyKantReed Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:59 AM DaffyKantReed Member Member 485 posts You will need the newest BIOS All rights reserved. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.

I do use other brands from time to time in my shop, but Western Digital and Seagate are the most reliable from what I have seen. 01-12-2008, 07:59 PM If so, if you look in Disk Management, are you seeing an unpartitioned new item in the drive display ? (Picture of Disk Management plugin...) http://www.dedoimedo.com/images/computers/2009/win-disk-task-not-initialized.jpg Viaarena.com has drivers. evan when attempting a setup .The 500GB HDD should show up in the BIOS. you cant run both types at once.

Had to install a jumper on the disk that slowed it to 150 Mb/s. I had many mis-starts as I stumbled through this before I found my way into figuring out how to run both sata and ide HDD's on the same Abit VT7 computer